Thursday, April 28, 2011

Your BFF --> The Bridal Emergency kit

I saw this article and video posted on yahoo about what to have in your emergency wedding day kit and it reminded me of an excellent post topic. I was just discussing this topic with my *newly married* friend prior to her wedding; the article on yahoo just gave me that push!

Let me start by saying the best thing in your kit is a wedding planner - they will have EVERYTHING you could ever need and the know-how to use it. The worst thing you could have? Items that waste space- this kit should be easy to assemble, low in cost and take up minimum space so you can take it with you with ease.

The list on yahoo was great, but below is my personal list of items that I think serves you and your wedding party best (listed in the order I thought of them):

  • Tissues
  • Chalk - white! for the brides dress
  • Fashion tape - keep things in line!
  • bobby pins - like 10 max, don't go crazy because somebody else already did with your hair
  • hair spray - a great idea because it keeps your hair in place and can help with static cling
  • extra pins- for pinning flowers as the men will never think to have this
  • extra lipstick or a lip stain - keep them lips pretty!
  • safety pins - of various sizes, please
  • Those awesome mini-toothbrushes for on the go - they freshen your breath and clean your teeth
  • Small pair of scissors - they have traveling safety scissors that fold into itself and it costs $3
  • super glue - just in case
  • Blotter tissue - you will need them
Items I find useless in an emergency kit
  • Pantyhose - Really? It just seems so stupid to me. Do you wear hose the day of your wedding? Most of my brides do not. If you do, is your dress so short that people will notice a tear?
  • Emory Board - I have never seen someone in a situation where they have to use this item. Never. 
  •  Needle and thread - If you have a tear, I think the safety pins and fashion tape should get you though quicker
  • Dental floss - what are you eating, popcorn with cilantro sprinkled on it? Go for those traveling toothbrushes instead which can also double as a breath freshener
  • Bringing too much makeup - you will probably need to touch up some, but once the photos start, you don't have much time for anything. Don't bring everything on your face as it will take up space and tempt you to spend more time in front of a mirror when you should be celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment